1. Cologne Cathedral is the number one sight to take time for. Events are held regularly on the cathedral square. You can visit the cathedral with or without a guided tour, and guests in good shape can climb one of the towers.
2. a boat trip on the Rhine. The KD panoramic cruise starts in the heart of the Old Town in Cologne. A one-hour round trip presents Cologne from a unique perspective.
3. a Cologne City Tour with the Hop On-Hop off Bus Tour. With the exclusive convertible buses of Stadtrundfahrt Köln you will be taken to 9 different stops on the bus tour Cologne. You decide at which stops you would like to get on and off the bus.
4. a picnic in the meadows of the Rhine. Our tip: The Riehler Rheinaue stretches out next to the Mülheimer Bridge. A green oasis on 37 hectares. The flood protection area may not be built on and offers Cologne residents and their guests the opportunity to stroll through nature in the middle of Cologne. This is a wonderful place to pass the time, switch off and enjoy the view of the cathedral and the Rhine. Or you can look for a spot with an even better view: On the Rheinboulevard on the Schäl Sick. If you want to sit by the Rhine but still have a view of the cathedral, the Rheinboulevard in Deutz is the place to be. Cathedral, Rhine, Hohenzollern Bridge – from here you have the perfect view of Cologne’s landmarks. In summer, countless people gather here to enjoy the sun together. 5.
5. a visit to the old town with a stop at the famous brewery pubs and a little Kölsch test, perhaps with a Halve Hahn. The Brauhaus zur Malzmühle on Heumarkt or the Päffgen in Friesenstraße are among the best-known breweries in Cologne.
6 A visit to Cologne Zoo, perhaps after a ride on the Rhine cable car. Cologne Zoo is the third oldest zoo in Germany. It is located in the Cologne-Riehl district and is home to more than 500 animal species on an area of about 20 hectares.
A visit to the Chocolate Museum in the Rheinauhafen. 4000 m² of chocolate culture and history. Shopping in the CHOCOLAT Shop, public guided tours, tastings. An exciting experience for connoisseurs.
8. a virtual reality journey back in time to the historical Cologne of the 1920s. With the Timeride through the exciting time after the First World War in undestroyed Cologne with the British occupation and the Spanish flu. More information Time Ride
9 A ride on the Rhine cable car. Experience the 930-metre Rhine crossing of a special kind, in an approx. 6-minute gondola ride from one bank of the Rhine to the other from Deutz to the Zoo. From 10.00 to 18.00 from spring to autumn. More information: experience the 930-metre Rhine crossing of a special kind, in an approx. 6-minute gondola ride from one bank of the Rhine to the other.
10. the best view: The KölnTriangle Cologne View offers a unique view over Cologne. More information.